Sunday, February 7, 2010

Off to See Dr. Oz!

On Friday morning I caught up on blog posts I had missed over the weekend. One in particular caught my attention at Fit to the Finish. I love Diane's blog and was so excited about the news she shared about appearing on the Dr. Oz show next week. Part of me, however, was slightly jealous. I had been talking to Jackie at PeerTrainer after she had posted a blog entry seeking out PT members who had lost over 100 lbs. I of course responded to her call for losers and she sent my information in. I hadn't heard anything up until Friday and, after reading Diane's post at Fit to the Finish, I had decided it wasn't going to happen.

A few hours later after I had hit the gym I got a phone call from a Manhattan phone number. I was at my cubicle, so I didn't answer right away but instead let it go to my voicemail and listened to the message. It was someone from the Dr. Oz show! I nearly jumped out of my desk chair and ran out to my car to call them back only to get their voicemail. Eventually I got a call back from someone at the show who informed me she was calling to make travel and hotel arrangements. I couldn't believe it and was so overwhelmed that I could barely think of what train station I'd need to leave from.

So, this Wednesday I am going to be in New York City and, from what I gather, will be 1 of 100 people in the audience on the Dr. Oz show who has lost 100+ lbs. This is all the info I could find about the episode, which will air on February 16th as far as I understand:

On Tuesday, February 16th, "The Dr. Oz Show" celebrates a milestone 100th episode with fitness guru Richard Simmons! Dr. Oz provides 100 tips to 100 audience members who have lost 100 pounds or more. While Simmons, who shed over 100-pounds himself, will share his own story. (source)

I asked my mom to come with me, as I know what a huge part of her success with quitting smoking Dr. Oz was. She did this right around the time I decided to lose weight and it was right after we had both read YOU on a Diet. On Tuesday afternoon we're leaving Philly for NYC and I am so excited to see what this will all be about. I'm enthusiastic about the idea of being in a room with 99 other people who have been through something similar. I'm also excited that I'll be one of one hundred people who can help prove to America that there is no magic solution or expensive operation for weight loss. It's about diet. It's about exercise. It's about caring about ourselves. No amount of weight is ever too much to lose, be it 50, 100, or 200 lbs. It's possible and I'm so honored to be part of a group that stands as proof of that.

See you on TV everyone!

10 comments:

Diana said...

That's so awesome. Congrats congrats!!

MadScientist said...

You rule my freaking world. THAT IS AWESOME.

Miss Moss said...

that is sooooo cool! and you get to go to NYC too :) enjoy & congrats.

Future Grown-Up said...

That is completely awesome news. congratulations!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Jenelle, that is soooo exciting! I knew about Diane and now, I can't wait to see you, too!!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to meet you! Hope this snow doesn't get in our way!

Jenelle said...

Thanks everyone! It's really a dream come true just to be there.

Sarah - I'm worried about the snow, too. Getting there won't be bad, but returning to Philadelphia might be ugly. See you soon :)

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! that is so awesome!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

That is so cool that you are going to be on TV!!! And in New York!!! Awesome girl!!

Jen-JensFitnessTips.com said...

Way to go!!! You deserve it!! Yes, I love Diane's blog too! I'm so glad you got to be on the show. How exciting that must be for. I'll be looking for you today!! Keep up the hard work girl!!

Jen :)

Post a Comment