Monday, June 28, 2010

Shake-Shake-Shake

I learned about Notes From The Universe from Medicinal Marzipan (whose blog should be bookmarked by all!) and have been delighted at the little messages I receive in my inbox, usually upon waking. They've been forcing me to be mindful right out the gate. I'm a fan of fortune cookies and the occasional horoscope, but something about these emails seems infinitely more useful and insightful into my every day life than the typical novelties.

Today's note:
Believe it or not, Jenelle, of all the types of happy, "yeehaa!" and "whoohooo!" that exist, the greatest are those derived from truly helping others.

Especially when you help yourself along the way by choosing approaches that tickle you. It most certainly won't hurt if you have fun, crank up the music, shake-shake-shake, and scarf a new healthy body while you're at it. In fact, maybe we could use your healthy body as we help others....

Shake-shake-shake,
The Universe


Today's note reminded me stop taking myself so seriously all the time. I can be goofy, but in recent weeks and months have seen that part of myself being overshadowed by the Jenelle who talks ad nauseum about her problems and various discontent. It's to the point where I feel like I'm picking out the negative aspects of most situations and discarding the things that would make me laugh under usual circumstances. Life is funny and beautiful and full of things to smile about. I need remember it.

To keep this on topic with my blog, I want to make mention that I'd like to use this approach towards how I exercise. I was complaining to my boyfriend yesterday of the "Sunday Blues" as I call them because weekends are usually so unpredictable, active, and joyful. Often, I feel like Monday begins a sequence routines. Planned meals, planned exercise, full days in a cubicle, straight to bed by eleven. Rinse, repeat. I tend to feel trapped in the cycle and lacking amusement. I think that in the future, I'd like to try taking some classes that push the usual limits of my schedule as well as my concept of exercise. Does anyone have any suggestions to shake-shake-shake things up?

4 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

I love Notes from the Universe! I look forward to getting my email every morning and it's funny how often it relates to something I am feeling at the moment! The Universe knows!!!

marzipan said...

Thank you so very much for the shoutout! I came on over to check out your blog (which is fabulous by the way) and I was so pleasantly surprised! Notes from the universe are amazing aren't they? It's bizarre how weirdly applicable they are, and how the seem to zone in on exactly where you are. Thanks so much for finding me : )

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

A hip hop dance class would shake things up!!!

JennaKate said...

Hey Jenelle! I stumbled across your blog looking for a low-cal vegan chocolate snack (loved your post from 1/12/10!). I can relate to your story in a lot of ways. I've healthfully lost 70 pounds in the past year, 7 years after beginning recovery from an eating disorder. I too struggle with wanting to stay healthy so badly that it sometimes makes me want to be unhealthy. Thanks for sharing your experiences and letting me know I'm not alone. Thank you so much. Hope to see you return to your blog with an update soon!

Post a Comment