Monday, December 28, 2009

A Side of Confidence

This Christmas my thoughtful brother George and his thoughtful (and shrinking!) wife Sue gave me some new workout clothes. Let me tell you, nothing gets me motivated quite like shiny new sportswear. Typically I'm the girl at the gym with the oversized sweaty black tee and pants intentionally purchased a size too large, but this new ensemble forced me to show myself off today. I'm not perfect... but is anyone really? I think I looked pretty OK for a girl who used to weigh almost 300 lbs. It was nice to look in the mirror (especially after Christmas!) and actually feel good about what I saw. I had a little extra pep in my step on the elliptical. Surely I had to burn one or two extra calories for exuding self-confidence.

Here's hoping everyone is having a safe, happy, and healthy holiday! I plan on really trying to keep up with this blog in 2010. Until then..!

1 comments:

MadScientist said...

you look awesome. rock that body girl. I hope to have light shinning through my thighs some day :)

Post a Comment