Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello 2010

I woke up this morning with big ideas in my head. After two weeks of using the holidays as an excuse for poor eating habits and sporadic exercising I had the same feeling of renewal that many people get at this time of the year. January is the perfect time for new beginnings and I'm ready to start fresh with the rest of the world. I am not as fit as I can be and I'm determined to make it happen through. The following things are what I want to REALLY focus on not just this month or this year, but forever.

1. Exercise. I plan to continue hitting the gym at least 3-4 times per week, getting in some good solid cardio. In addition, this morning I purchased Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred DVD and am vowing to make time for it every day for the next 29 days so-help-me-god. It's an intense 25-minute workout, but I can make time for it. The week of Christmas was so busy that I could barely get any workouts in and I saw an extreme change in my overall mood. Not only is exercise good for my body, but it's good for my psyche. This is something I need to remember on lazy days. There is always time, you just have to make it.


2. Eating. I love food. Food food food. I think about it all day. I like cooking and baking and dining out. Lately, however, my relationship with food has taken a nosedive. I've found myself mindlessly munching on whatever I can get my hands on in the kitchen cabinets. I've been baking when I'm lonely or stressed and have had one too many test cookies. I haven't been nourishing myself the way that I know that I should. Too much sugar has made its way into my diet again due to the onslaught of Christmas cookies and pies in conjunction with the stress that comes along with this time of year. My body deserves better. More vegetables. More lean proteins. More fiber. Less fat. Less empty carbohydrates. Less sugar. I'm going to pledge to myself not to let cravings win this year, especially not while I'm working so hard at the gym.

3. Loving myself. Acceptance is hard enough, but learning to really love myself is the goal here. Stress-eating and laziness are part of a vicious cycle whose root is self-esteem (or lack thereof). I've worked so hard to be where I am today and I need to stop stressing so much about who I want to be/who I used to be and focus on who I am. There are no excuses. Today is all that matters.

So here's to the beginning of a new decade—one in which I hope to find true inner and outer strength.

4 comments:

Sally D. Robinson said...

We'll decipher the enigma. The customer service rep was unexceptional. By all means, it's not very effortless to discover that edley without a bit of luck and
https://topwellnesspro.wordpress.com/2018/03/24/luna-trim-weight-loss-supplement-achieve-your-desired-body/

Unknown said...

Nutrix Slim Keto Weight Training will give you a lean, tight, and Slim Body. It will also speed metabolism so that you can burn fat all day long. Weight training builds muscle, and muscle is the actual site on the body where fat is burned so the more muscle you have, the greater your ability to burn fat. So here is a sample wedding workout for you to work your abs. You can do this wedding abs workout 3 times per week. But make sure that you are working every muscle in the body... The Best Wedding Workout is one that that works the entire body at least 3 times per week.
http://tiny.cc/NutrixSlimKeto

Unknown said...

Internet looking for Health Products and Their Uses, Benefits, audit and exparts guidance, visit At Fitdiettrendss

https://www.fitdiettrends.com/

Bale said...

I don't know where you got this news from, but I don't believe it is absolutely absolute. I think we should consider the quality of the website. There are many websites in Google that sell FFXIV Gil. Perhaps cheaper than it, maybe safer than it. As far as I am concerned, I usually buy it at MMOAH. Their website always provides the latest projects, the transaction is convenient, safe, the details are cheap, and the delivery speed is fast! This is the reason for its website and the fact that their website has always attracted a large number of customers.At https://www.mmoah.com/ffxiv-gil

Post a Comment